Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
You'll enjoy the water even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
The personal watercraft policy covers:
- bodily injury
- property damage
- guest passenger liability
- medical payments
Liability limits start at $15,000 and can be increased to $300,000.
Typical policies include deductibles of $250 for property damage, $500 for theft and $1,000 for medical payments.
Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers, fishing gear and other accessories.
You should talk to your insurance representative about the type of coverage that would best suit your needs.
Our clients are not just a number in a phone queue. We're familiar with Lake Erie, the Ohio River and the types of craft that frequent them and the other inland bodies of water in the area. If you ever have a problem with a boat claim, a bill or just need some advice, you will know the people that service your account on a first name basis. You can call, email or text us, or even come in and sit across the desk from us and have a face-to-face conversation. We are dedicated people who have many years of experience helping people just like you. Unlike the constant turnover that occurs in huge call centers, we'll be around when you need us. What's more, we're not a one-size-fits-all solution. We represent you, the client, to a variety of watercraft insurers, not the other way around. In doing so, we will always be able to find you the right coverage at a competitive price - both now and in the future.
Give us a call at (419)207-1111!
We're your #1 source for boat insurance in Apple Creek, Ashland, Bellville, Burbank, Butler, Congress, Crestline, Creston, Dalton, Doylestown, Fitchville, Glenmont, Greenwich, Hayesville, Homerville, Jeromesville, Lakeville, Lexington, Lodi, Loudonville, Lucas, Mansfield, Marshallville, Millersburg, Nankin, New London, Nova, Olivesburg, Orrville, Perrysville, Plymouth, Polk, Rittman, Savannah, Shelby, Shreve, Smithville, Spencer, Sullivan, Wellington, West Salem, Wooster and all of Ohio.
Looking for other lines of insurance as well?
Package your boat insurance with an auto, motor club, homeowner, condominium, renters, flood, umbrella, motorcycle, motorhome, farm, business or life insurance policy.